Top Five Tips for Kindness February 11 2015
This week is International Random Acts of Kindness Week! It runs 9-15 Feb and what a wonderful opportunity to step out of your usual routine and deliver the gift of kindness to strangers and those you love. Here are our top 5 tips for Kindness:
1. Make Eye Contact and Smile! Offer this gift to at a stranger as you walk down the street or even to your partner. Really look them in the eye and mean it :) You’ll surely make someone’s day!!
2. Say Thank You. Two simple words that can mean the world. Offer them to your boss for pushing you at work or your teacher for making your learning interesting and fun, or even your coffee barista for the amazing job they do preparing your daily morning coffee.
3. Pay it Backward. Pick up someone’s tab i.e. pay for the coffee of the person behind you in the line at your favorite café, or perhaps the toll for the car behind you while on the road.
4. Give a Compliment. We so often keep our compliments to ourselves i.e. ‘isn’t she having a fabulous hair day today’, ‘I love his style’ or ‘I admire how you happily juggle parenthood and work’... Say these beautiful complements out loud to another today!
5. Give Up your Place. Put someone ahead of you, whether it is in a line up at the supermarket, searching for a parking spot or offering up your seat on the bus. This type of selflessness for another will be unexpected and may start a snowball affect by putting a smile on a stranger and will likely be passed on to another throughout the day.
These acts may leave you surprised at how good you feel after a week of kind deeds and the best thing yet is that they don’t have to cost a cent! Check out the Random Acts of Kindness website for more kind ideas! If you post online hashtag #RAKWeek so you can share your kindness journey with others too.